Software Development Manager
An award winning and forward thinking technology organisation requires a Software Development Manager, preferably with Scrum Master experience, to join them at an exciting time for their business.
This position will suit a Software Development Manager in the early stages of their managerial career who will be looking to expand their experience into a Software Development Manager capacity.
The Software Development Manager will be required to bring excellent technical and leadership skills to the role, managing a small and talented development team in a fast paced environment.
The Software Development Manager will have a preference for working in an SME environment, managing teams and liaising with other management accordingly.
In addition the successful Software Development Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a Software Development Management role within an in-house Agile development environment.
- Experience of performing Scrum Master duties.
- Knowledge and hands on experience of using Agile tools.
- Experience of working with Jira, Trello or Redmine.
- Previous hands on experience with either Java, PHP, C++ or Ruby.
- Experience of working closely with Software Testers or Test teams.
- Knowledge and experience of using MYSQL or SQL Server.
- Degree qualified in relevant subject.
- Knowledgeable in the operation and configuration of Windows and Linux/Unix systems.
- Experience of prioritising and managing multiple activities.
- Enthusiasm for change and learning new technologies.
The responsibilities of the Software Development Manager will include:
- Line management responsibilities for the development team resource.
- Represent the development team when working with other departments.
- To plan, monitor and report progress on development projects.
- Responsibility for Agile Sprint planning and daily stand ups.
- Reporting to IT Director.
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org